Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Dark morning

Another DARK morning in Santa Cruz...

Well, learned that BOB, our 20-plus-year veteran working night-shift has decided to go to New Leaf, a grocery store in Capitola. I do not know Bob well enough, but he seemed like a genuine person. Last straw on the camel's back, I guess...

Man thanked me for allowing him to pick up his med when the pharmacy was closed, and offered to give my supervisor good words about me. I said since we were not allowed to sell prescriptions, "thank you", but do not let anyone, especially my supervisor know :)

A HYSINGLA (hydrocordone ER) prescription was dropped off. Made me wonder does it really work with the aid of APAP?? Can it really be a solo act?? I need to read the trial :)

BETHANECHOL was prescribed for a cat. A what?? YES, BETHANECHOL!! The cat cannot pee...poor cat 😞

Found an AMOXICILLIN suspension for a little boy to be extremely high dose. Turns out I was right!! Amazing!!

Electrician came to attend a call about DARKNESS at the front of the pharmacy. He played around while we slaved away. Then he came back to the back wall, and flicked a switch! Light there is 🙏



Young Asian boy came to pick up his CANASA suppository (Dosage
The recommended adult dosage is 1000 mg administered rectally once daily at bedtime for 3 to 6 weeks. Safety and effectiveness beyond 6 weeks have not been established.) Our clerk showed that the package was found in the room-temp waiting bin. However, the storage info shown on the package said to "STORE BELOW 25C (77F)". So that printed line saved us a new package :)

No comments:

Post a Comment